When you want to have a child and things don’t seem to be working out, there are options available to you. Science and research continue to advance new methods to help infertile couples bring new life into the world. Infertility care in Houston is among the best there is.
Treating infertility depends on a few different factors. Tests can help determine the cause of infertility. It could be a matter of making some changes in your lifestyle or taking medication. It may require something more extensive. The length of infertility is also a factor and it is also affected by the ages of the partners involved. There are cases where infertility cannot be corrected.
After consultation and testing to find out why you or your partner may be infertile, a decision will be made as to which method of treatment will most likely deliver results. Some of the top methods are included here.
The Most Used Methods for Infertility Care in Houston
- Fertility drugs and hormones – In womenfertility drugs and hormones are used to help the ovulation process. Sometimes hormone levels are off balance. Prescribed hormones can restore hormone levels, allowing for conception. In men hormone treatments are given when particular hormones have levels that are either too high or too low.
- Surgery – In women there can be blockages such as that caused by endometriosis. The tissue forming the blockage to fertility is removed through surgery. Men can also have fertility issues that may require surgery to correct. If there is a blockage in the vas deferens, which is the tube carrying the sperm, it must be removed. A widening of the veins in the scrotum, a varicocele, will also make a man infertile. This can also be corrected with surgery.
- Medications and counseling – Infertility care in Houston may not require such invasive treatment. In some instances a man may have an infection in his reproductive organs that needs to be treated. Antibiotics are used to clear up such infections. There are also instances when a man has problems with erections or ejaculation. These will also affect fertility. Medications and/or counseling are used to treat these issues.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – This method of infertility treatment requires that sperm be collected and inserted directly inside the uterus when ovulation is taking place. The sperm is placed in the uterus via a thin catheter. It is usually a simple procedure used to increase the amount of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes and thus increase the opportunity for egg fertilization. This method is also known as artificial insemination.
- In Vitro Fertilization– This method of treating infertility requires the use of a lab. It is a more complex procedure and often used to treat genetic problems as well as fertility. Mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries and sperm is collected from the male. The fertilization process takes place in a lab. When the eggs have been fertilized and allowed to grow a couple of days they are implanted in the uterus. This is among the most effective of the assisted reproductive techniques.
Conceiving a child is one of life’s wonders. If you are having difficulty getting pregnant, we may be able to help. Contact Cypress Women’s Center today for a consultation and exam for the best infertility care in Houston.